Still no bf...or gf

I was asked out once, in seventh grade.

It was a boy who goes to the church I pretend to go to. A complete pervert, literally the worst in the school. Never shuts up, pisses everyone off constantly. You get the picture.

I had a crush on someone else, and I really didn't like this boy who asked me out, so I turned him down. Unfortunately, now everyone assumes I don't want to date anyone

I know a lot of people consider me a little young for that sort of thing. Well you know what? There's a girl my age or younger who had a baby. Yes, at my school. So I really don't think a boyfriend would be out of the picture.

Or a girlfriend. What a lot of people don't suspect is that I'm bi.

So far, I have had three crushes, not counting the little kid "I want to marry him when I grow up" sort of crush. I mean like, I can't wait to see them, make a point of talking to them and laughing at them.

The first, I didn't even realize until recently that it was a crush. It was a close friend, about my height. Blonde, goofy, funny...a girl. Well, once I grew out of that phase of liking her without realizing it, our friendship fractured after almost a decade. She had been my first friend when I moved in, and my most consistent friend. And then last year I asked her for some advice and you know what she did? She made fun of me and abandoned me when I needed someone to talk to.

The second was also an old friend, but a boy. Again, about my height. Dark, wavy hair that he always had brushed nicely. I hadn't known him as long as the last one, but close. I had always thought he was rather annoying, but then between elementary school and middle school, I started missing him in particular. I began dressing nicely in the hopes I'd see him. I had a crush on him for almost a year before deciding to give up.

Well, now I find myself crushing again...another boy about my height. I am short and I don't like being around tall people, especially if they're male. I've never been as comfortable around guys, anyways.

I also kinda like a girl, but she's Catholic and probably against homosexuality so I really doubt I'd have a chance. Also, I never really seem to think of guys as hot, just ladies. But I know this is the sort of town where having a girlfriend if you're a girl is not good. It's a small town, so your parents will almost certainly find out quickly. On top of that, even acting gay is practically considered a horrible crime.

I thought this country was supposed to be free? Wasn't the point of this country so that people could follow their own religion without being persecuted? So why do these "conservatives" think they have the right to ban same-sex marriage? It should be legal in all states, not just a few, simply because this is a country in which things are supposed to be that way. I suppose you could even argue that the government isn't protecting our natural rights, by blocking certain citizens' persuit of happiness by not making same-sex marriage legal. But of course, even in cases like this, that sort of thing has to be voted on, even though it makes perfect sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment