Mother 2 on Piano

I forgot to mention something very significant I got for my birthday: the Mother 2 piano book. I've had my eye on this particular piece of merch for a while now...

When I opened it, I wasn't even sure if I should take it out of the shipping packaging that my mom wrapped it in. Well, I had to, and I even bent the spine slightly to keep it open. Of course, it's in Japanese, but the songs are listed in Engrish. Here's the list:

Onetto
Twoson
Saturn Valley
Threek
Doko Doko Desert
Fourside
Winters (there are four songs listed here, so I suppose this is just the name of the place where it is played)
Ramma (I played it, I think it's Dalaam)
Summers
Scarabi (three songs here)
Cursed Jungles
Gumi Village
The Under World (yes, it's written like that)
Love & Peace
Magicant (two songs here)
Ending (two songs here as well)

I can read kana (but sometimes I mix them up T_T) and some kanji, and the only song name I could read all of that wasn't entirely katakana was the Summers song. It's "プライヴェートな" except with this kanji at the end (I had to copy all those kana from wikipedia because I can't type them on my computer, and I couldn't find that kanji in normal, typed form). So basically something like "private air"? Maybe I just have a strange sense of humor, but that's kinda funny, and it does fit Summers. I like looking through the book and seeing what they decided to name the songs that I can read the names of. I should start studying Japanese again. Well, I am planning to join the Japanese club at school, so that will be good inspiration.

Also, something else about the book, at the beginning of every song, there are (since I'm tired of copying and pasting I'll just type it normally, it's in katakana by the way) "pureingu pointo"'s. Playing points. Too bad I can't read any of them. But I know how the songs are supposed to sound, so I can probably figure it out. Also, in the back there are musical terms explained, but they're in Japanese, but I'm proficient enough in playing the piano that I don't really need them. I wonder if they're there because the game inspired people to learn piano or something.

It kinda reminds me of a (very old) book my grandma has that my mom photocopied that has explanations of the dynamics and stuff like that, and some of the first few explain things like key signature. As you go through the book, it gets harder. Basically, at the beginning there are songs like "The Cellist" (which I've never heard before) and "Minuet in G" by Bach (I think); about halfway through, there's Fur Elise, and kinda near the end, there are songs I haven't heard of, but there's one called, "The Fountain."

That piano book has awesomeosityness.

No comments:

Post a Comment