Algeblah

My math class is messed up, and we all know it.

At eighth grade, I am in Algebra I...there are only two classes in the school.

My teacher's grading system is fine, but she explains things in such a way that no one really understands that well. The craziest part is, she knows something's wrong, but she thinks it's just that we're learning it a year early. Well, it's not us, it's her. I am barely scraping straight As at the end of each quarter because of algebra. In all my other classes, I have As. AND MY MATH TEACHER THINKS A C IS AN AWESOME GRADE. WHAT IS HER PROBLEM.

Yep, you heard me. She thinks Cs are wonderful.

My mom knows the class is messed up too, because she was in algebra in eighth grade too, but she got all As. I mean, I make a lot of mistakes and I'm not as good at math as her, but still...I got As in math last year in pre-algebra, and I had the same teacher. It's her first time teaching algebra, though...actually this year they redid the math classes, so now there's an official pre-algebra class and more algebra classes (but there's still just two; I don't even know if there WAS algebra last year, I just know there was at some point in the past). But I'm not switching to Math 8. I will not switch to Math 8, because I know I can do much better than that and they'd just throw me back into algebra anyways. My math teacher says I'm so good at math, but she doesn't get it: I'm good at all the subjects, and math is my worst. Well I'm not sure if I'm good at life skills, and PE is a whole other story, but neither of those are really required this year. I have no patience for cooking, can't clean at all, and probably won't have much trouble finding a job, so that rules out most of what you learn in life skills. As for PE...well let's just say I am not coordinated at all but I try and that's what we're graded on. Health, though, is easy. It's interesting though; so there are two PE teachers, and one only teaches one period of eighth grade PE but teaches the seventh grade health classes; the one that I have is the main one, and he refuses to teach sex ed, so there's really only one class of health in the entire school that ends up learning about sex. Kind of sad, especially since there's a pregnant girl in my grade (well actually I think she may have had her baby a few days ago, from what people said). Also I suspect that a girl got an STD at some point because her and her ex-boyfriend have been teased fairly recently that "Bob gave Jenna AIDS!" (*names have been changed drastically*). But I'm not social, and I don't care enough to listen to all the boring gossip about who's wearing what and dating who, although it would be nice to hear some more important news...

No comments:

Post a Comment