In the often-repeated words of a friend, "life sux"

Where to even begin.

Let's start out with something to fill the gap between religion-related topics: after three years of thought, I have realized I was meant to be Unitarian Universalist. Well, my family is Catholic and doesn't understand the point of other religions very well. Today at church my mom made me walk up with them, even though I didn't have any money to add to the collection basket. I was worried she was going to make me talk to the priest after mass. I didn't actually tell her that I now consider myself a different religion, I just said I was seriously considering UU. Now she's probably going to start calling me a heathen if I complain about going to church because I'm sick or something. FML.

Another reason I don't fit in with my family: I am bisexual and can't tell my mom, and have Asperger's and even though it's so frickin blinding obvious, she doesn't believe me. WTF. I'm getting pissed off more and more because my mom is always ignoring me in favor of Adam, who is brattier than ever. Why me?

Also: the second anniversary of my dad's death is coming up, and just when things are going right, we're planning to move. WHAT THE HELL!? I am fairly sure the boy I like who seems like some sort of missing half of me and I'm already friends with likes me back. Also, my best friend who is on the verge of killing either her dogs or herself would go beyond the brink of insanity if I moved and very likely commit suicide.

Despite those huge cons of moving, there are definate pros: there is a nearby (well, about 40 miles) UU church near where we're planning to move. The house we're looking at has quite a lot of property, enough to let the cats roam outside, and it has an indoor swimming pool. Yes, an indoor swimming pool. And a hot tub. It looks like a beautiful house amid an inspiring landscape. I would have the chance to bike, since it's extremely flat compared to here. From the local library, I could have access to any book in the county, and possibly nearby counties as well. And there could possibly be a GSA at the school I'd be attending. I'd have more opportunities for almost anything. I'd be living near relatives. We wouldn't have to pay as much tax, although my mom's salary would be slightly lower and the house payments slightly higher, so that's not much of a difference. And something rather awesome is that we'd have a four bedroom house if we get that house. SWEET!

I'm so torn about moving. Huge cons, huge pros; so much to give up, so much to gain. I think I'll just pray things work out for the best... and that my depressed friend doesn't commit suicide, or even take up cutting or drugs.

Speaking of prayer, something amazing happened today. I really wanted to play "How Great Thou Art" on the piano before my mom got home because she always criticizes when I have new music. I searched and searched and didn't find the music. So I tried to sort of figure it out from memory. I remembered some possible notes it could start on, so I figured out the tune and some of the chords. I realized it wasn't going to work out that well, so I prayed I'd find the music. Shortly after, I had this urge to check in a somewhat absurd place, and whaddaya know, it was there, along with some other good music. "How Great Thou Art" is special to me because my dad's dad played it on guitar (and sung it) at my dad's funeral. It's a beautiful song, and as far as I know, not Christian.

Well, I think that's all of interest so far, not that anyone is actually reading this (most likely). At least it ended on a more positive note.

No comments:

Post a Comment