Attempting to Banish Anger

My mom is mad again. I'm trying not to let it get to me. I made a new year's resolution to be a better person. It may not be the new year yet, but I don't care. To me it is.

I already sort-of prayed and sort-of meditated. Basically, I lit a candle and set it in the window, and I set out eight objects: a white rose-shaped floating candle with a petal broken off, to represent truth, because I want to try to find truth; a blue container candle to represent purification, because I want to be a better person; a red candle I lit a lot during Advent that for me, represents giving and caring about others; a pink rose-shaped floating candle in a little red glass tealight candle holder, to represent that I wanted to find love this year, or at least get a boyfriend/girlfriend; a mirror with magnification to represent bringing things into clearer focus; a black-glazed ceramic cat I made in art, to represent that I want to help cats, since they are often forgotten; a nice pendant, because I want to see beauty in the world and create beautiful art and play beautiful music; and a rock with a kanji meaning "friend" that I found in Seattle. Basically, I'm not sure why, but I sort of prayed/meditated on the things I want to happen in the next year. Of course, there's teh classic goal of becoming more fit, but more than that, I want Sapphire to be at a healthy weight for a medium-sized female cat, and Sally to eat more normally.

Isn't it awesome that the last full moon of the year is the last day of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment