The School Librarian. Ugh...

I don't remember for sure what reminded me of this - oh wait, I read an article about the blue moon this month and looked up pictures of the moon, and then the lunar eclipse, and then the solar eclipse, and that reminded me of Every Soul a Star. That reminded me of my many disagreements with the school librarian.

Where to start...perhaps last year. Last year there were two librarians, but the other one (the nice, reasonable, cat lover who read a lot of the same books) is at a different school every year. So now I have to talk to the other one. For one thing, she has a lisp, which you tend to ignore after a while, but it's kinda annoying, none the less.

Well, I suppose our main quarrel is books. It's not like an ongoing argument, more of a mutual agreement to not talk about books. She loves Every Soul a Star. She hates the Maximum Ride series. Et cetera. The only book/series we agree on is that the Young Wizards series is great, but I think we'd disagree if we went into detail.

Also, she's a dog lover. I hate dog lovers. I can't stand them. They like dogs because of their personality, and I disagree with that sort of person. I don't know why, I just do. Cat lovers however...opposite story.

Of course, she also is rather like my mom in that she takes a debate as argument, and is very easily offended. Me and my friends love debating little things, which the librarian takes as nitpicking/picking a fight and we take as debating/correcting. Again, like my mom. I am being suffocated by these oppresive people.

"I've become so numb,
I can't feel you there.
I've become so tired,
So much more aware.
I'm becoming this,
All I want to do.
Is be more like me
And be less like you." - Numb, Linkin Park.

That is like, my favorite verse out of all the Linkin Park music I've listened to, which I admit isn't much, but hey, how much music can they have performed, anyways?

That verse/refrain/chorus/whatever sooooo sums up my opinion towards these oppressive people.

No comments:

Post a Comment